Weight: 0.01 kg
Handmade traditional hemp paper
This hemp paper is the perfect support for your artistic creations or for printing your ideas !
- Thick grain texture with many asperities, which gives authenticity and originality
- Available size : A3, A4
- Weight per sheet : 10 grammes
- Price per sheet : 3€
Made in France
- This hemp paper has been made in France, Pérouges near Lyon, from French hemp stalks.
- Charles himself, Gorfoo founder, was in charge of the paper fabrication.
- Limited edition. Produced in small quantity, it is a rare product, for artists and beautiful products amateurs.
- This paper is also adapted to office printers.
Hemp paper in History
- The first Bible and the first Coran have been printed on hemp paper !
- Same as the 1776 Declaration of Independence of the United States.
Hemp is an ancestral plant with many agronomic and ecological assets :
- Its crop does not require chemicals, because hemp grows very quickly and therefore smother the weeds ;
- Thanks to its deep roots, hemp draws the water it needs ;
- Its culture improves soil structure, thus increases the following crops yield ;
- One hectare of hemp absorbs between 14 to 18 tons of CO2 per year ;
- Thanks to the density and height of its culture, it is a unique biodiversity reservoir ;
- Last but not least, hemp is a very versatile plant. It can be fully used, whether it is for construction, paper, food (human, birdfeed), cosmetic or textile.
Thanks to its environmental virtues, the long-forgotten hemp is back in the spotlight !