Weight: 0.085 kg
Indigo hemp cap made of handcrafted fabrics from Vietnam
Traditional handcraft for a modern product
- For centuries, Hmong communities have grown and woven hemp on old looms to make their traditional clothes.
- Looking for ecological materials, we went to meet them in the north of Vietnam, in the mountains around Sapa.
- Seduced by this beautiful know-how and to support its transmission to next generations, we directly buy fabrics there at a fair price.
- Those traditional fabrics exist either in natural color or naturally dyed with indigo.
- Gorfoo caps collection is based on this high-quality material. This way, we promote traditional hemp under a modern product. Besides it is a great way to benefit from the natural anti-UV properties of hemp !
The INDIRIDZ cap is made of 100% organic handcrafted and indigo-dyed hemp, one of the most ecological fabrics ever.
Indigo dye is a natural process still used in the villages around Sapa in order to dye fabrics in blue.
- To do so, indigo leaves get picked by hand on the bush of the same name.
- Then those fresh leaves are put in a big tank to be boiled with the fabric.
- Finally the dark blue dye gets fixed on the fabric, which shrinks.
- This dye remains very well on hemp.
- Trucker cap
- Size : Standard. Adjustable by notches system at the back of the cap.
- Color : indigo blue (natural dye).
- Gorfoo logo embroidered on the front.
- Back of the cap is in polyester partly recycled.
- Washing instructions : dry cleaning preferred. Possible to wash in machine on delicates cycle at 30° with mild detergent.
Quality design and fabrication. Unique style and fabrics for lovers of beautiful and durable products !
The qualities of hemp
It is an ancestral plant which has many agronomic and ecological assets :
- First its crop does not require chemicals, because hemp grows very quickly and therefore smother the weeds ;
- Thanks to its deep roots, it draws the water it needs ;
- Moreover, its culture improves soil structure, thus increases the following crops yield ;
- One hectare of hemp absorbs between 14 to 18 tons of CO2 per year ;
- The density and height of its culture make it a unique biodiversity reservoir ;
- Last but not least, it is a very versatile plant. It can be fully used, whether it is for construction, paper, food (human, birdfeed), cosmetic or textile.
Thanks to its environmental virtues, this long-forgotten plant is back in the spotlight !
This product is vegan.