Weight: 0.085 kg
Hemp cap made of traditional handcrafted fabrics from Vietnam
Rare fabric, limited edition!
Discovering a traditional knowledge
- For centuries, Hmong communities have grown and woven hemp on old woven looms in order to make their traditional clothes.
- Looking for ecological materials, we went to meet them in the north of Vietnam, in the mountains around Sapa.
- Seduced by this beautiful know-how and in order to support its transmission, we directly buy hemp fabrics there at a fair price.
- Traditional hemp fabrics are available either in natural color (not dyed) or naturally dyed with indigo.
- Gorfoo caps collection is based on those hemp fabrics. This way, we promote traditional hemp under a modern product. It is also a great way to benefit from the anti-UV properties of hemp !
- The Jungler hemp cap is made of 100% organic handcrafted hemp, one of the most ecological fabrics ever.
- Size : 59 cm head circumference. Also available in 54 cm head circumference with an elastic at the back : JUNGLER 1 (click here)
- Color : natural hemp
- Washing instructions : dry cleaning recommended
Quality design and fabrication. Unique fabric and style inspired from Vietnam, for lovers of beautiful and durable products !
Hemp is an ancestral plant with many agronomic and ecological assets :
- Its crop does not require chemicals, because hemp grows very quickly and therefore smother the weeds ;
- Thanks to its deep roots, hemp draws the water it needs ;
- Its culture improves soil structure, thus increases the following crops yield ;
- One hectare of hemp absorbs between 14 to 18 tons of CO2 per year ;
- Thanks to the density and height of its culture, it is a unique biodiversity reservoir ;
- Last but not least, hemp is a very versatile plant. It can be fully used, whether it is for construction, paper, food (human, birdfeed), cosmetic or textile.
Thanks to its environmental virtues, the long-forgotten hemp is back in the spotlight !
This product is vegan.