Weight: 0.085 kg
Hemp cap made of traditional handcrafted fabrics from Vietnam
Rare fabric, limited edition!
Discovering a traditional knowledge
- For centuries, Hmong communities have grown and woven hemp on old woven looms in order to make their traditional clothes.
- Looking for ecological materials, we went to meet them in the north of Vietnam, in the mountains around Sapa.
- Seduced by this beautiful know-how and in order to support its transmission, we directly buy hemp fabrics there at a fair price.
- Traditional hemp fabrics are available either in natural color (not dyed) or naturally dyed with indigo.
- Gorfoo caps collection is based on those hemp fabrics. This way, we promote traditional hemp under a modern product. It is also a great way to benefit from the anti-UV properties of hemp !
- The Jungler hemp cap is made of 100% organic handcrafted hemp, one of the most ecological fabrics ever.
- Size : 59 cm head circumference. Also available in 54 cm head circumference with an elastic at the back : JUNGLER 1 (click here)
- Color : natural hemp
- Washing instructions : dry cleaning recommended
Quality design and fabrication. Unique fabric and style inspired from Vietnam, for lovers of beautiful and durable products !
Our hemp caps collection also includes Hemperor model in natural hemp (click here) and Indiridz model in blue indigo hemp (click here).
Hemp is an ancestral plant with many agronomic and ecological assets :
- Its crop does not require chemicals, because hemp grows very quickly and therefore smother the weeds ;
- Thanks to its deep roots, hemp draws the water it needs ;
- Its culture improves soil structure, thus increases the following crops yield ;
- One hectare of hemp absorbs between 14 to 18 tons of CO2 per year ;
- Thanks to the density and height of its culture, it is a unique biodiversity reservoir ;
- Last but not least, hemp is a very versatile plant. It can be fully used, whether it is for construction, paper, food (human, birdfeed), cosmetic or textile.
Thanks to its environmental virtues, the long-forgotten hemp is back in the spotlight !
This product is vegan.