Weight: 0.850 kg
Sustainable backpack with Portuguese cork
A practical and comfortable backpack
This cork backpack is designed to be functional and convenient for every day use :
- The spacious main compartment includes a wide opening with zipper closure so that you can easily store and access content ;
- Inside that compartment, there is a specific pocket where to place your laptop (15″) or tablet with a scratch closing ;
- Two additional compartments whose one with various storages can be used to put pencils, business cards or smartphone ;
- On both sides, two external pockets are useful to store a small bottle or water or umbrella for an easy access ;
- For optimal comfort, the shoulderstraps are adjustable and padded ;
- Besides, the back of the bag is padded to provide lower and upper back comfort ;
- This cork backpack can also be hold by hand thanks to its carrying handle.
On the Zebra model, some dark stripes decorate the front of the bag. The zipper closures are dark and the zipper tabs are silver, with the pingouin (our logo) engraved. This backpack is also available in a Glitter version (click here).
- Dimensions : L 32 * H 45 * P 20 cm
- Weight : 0.85 Kg
- Fabrics : cork for the outside of the bag, linen and cotton for the inside
Our commitment to quality
In order to ensure the durability of this product, we requested the external body “Bureau Veritas” to do some tests. Thus, the waterproof qualities and resistance to weight of the handle and shoulderstraps got certified.
- Cork is a natural material sourced from the bark of the cork oak, a tree mainly found around the Mediterranean sea. It grows easily and its bark naturally renews itself. It can be harvested every 5 to 10 years.
- Cork also has great properties. It is light, liquid-impermeable and an excellent thermal insulator. Moreover, it is not subject to the ageing process, which results in one of the most durable raw materials.
- To make our Gorfoo cork backpacks, we use cork that comes from sustainably managed forests in Portugal.
Cork is an eco-friendly alternative to leather and synthetic fabrics.
The lining is a mix between european linen and chinese cotton, the bag is made in Quanzhou, a city famous for its history along the chinese coast. Materials and bags are mainly transported by boat with CO2 emissions around 10 gr / Ton / Km.
This is a vegan product.